2020 has been a very interesting year for all of us, and definitely in scouting!
Troop 631 took a pause from in-person meetings during the height of quarantine by conducting meetings digitally. By May, when we were allowed to meet as a group again, we began meeting outdoors and maintaining social distance. Only recently have we been granted permission to meet indoors again, but with some minor changes for the safety of our scouts and families. We are proud to say that we were able to remain active, and see our boys advance in rank and earn merit badges through it all. Our smaller group campouts have brought our troop closer together, and made us stronger.
How we are continuing to protect our scouts:
1. Scouts wear masks while doing indoor activities or activities where social distancing is not possible.
2. We conduct temperature checks of all in attendance at meetings and activities.
3. We sanitize all surfaces at every meeting.
4. We limit activities with physical contact.
5. If any member of a scout's family is sick or running a fever, that scout will stay home.